Euphorbia Spirilis questions

Discuss and ask questions about all matters related to caring for your cacti and succulents. Discuss soil, repotting, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc.
Danielle

Euphorbia Spirilis questions

Post by Danielle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:57 am

I have concerns about this Euphorbia Spirilis.. I just received this one in the mail today and I'm curious about the brown bit and the dead stems? Do you think it was just covered up to the green with dirt in the nursery? Is it considered scarring or rot? It's firm to the touch, just discolored. I will probably clip the dead stems that appear to be from a previous bloom. I also realize It needs a bigger pot, but that's all I had to work with at this moment lol. Advice? Care tips?
11.jpg
Mike

Re: Euphorbia Spirilis questions

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:01 am

The brown is corking, most likely the old dirt line, the old dead stems are normal, I clipped some back on mine, but they kind of look cool, so I left a few. I treat mine like the rest of my Euphorbia & it’s happy.

Take baby and replant, two plants! Short green stems near top look like they will still bloom, save them. Neat plant!
Danielle

Re: Euphorbia Spirilis questions

Post by Danielle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:02 am

Mike wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:01 am
Take baby and replant, two plants! Short green stems near top look like they will still bloom, save them. Neat plant!
Oh yes, the top appears to be doing great! I can tell there are stalks about to pop up all over the place! I look forward to it!