Succulent bottom leaves

Discuss and ask questions about all matters related to caring for your cacti and succulents. Discuss soil, repotting, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc.
jojo

Succulent bottom leaves

Post by jojo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:23 pm

I loooveee this beautiful succulent of mine that I still don’t know the species...

But I wanted to know if anyone could tell me & maybe tell me why it’s bottom leaves aren’t sooo happy?

Thank you.
succ.jpg
kristina

Re: Succulent bottom leaves

Post by kristina » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:25 pm

The the space in between leaves is indicating they have been needing much more light for awhile. Droopy leaves could be over or under watering. Or possibly even pest or other issues. Pretty hard to say without more info. How often do you water, when was last watering, what soil is it in. Have you inspected closely for signs of pest or disease.
jojo

Post by jojo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 pm

kristina wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:25 pm
The the space in between leaves is indicating they have been needing much more light for awhile. Droopy leaves could be over or under watering. Or possibly even pest or other issues. Pretty hard to say without more info. How often do you water, when was last watering, what soil is it in. Have you inspected closely for signs of pest or disease.
Haven’t taking them outside a whole lot for 31 days. We bought them a month ago & they have been doing great since we repotting them into clay pots with the pictures I’ll post.
kristina

Post by kristina » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:30 pm

Trust this, the plant is etiolated so it needs sun. It doesn’t matter if it came to you like that. Is leaning because of lack of sun. Most succulents are not indoor plants unless you are able to provide artificial lighting or good sun exposure.
jojo

Post by jojo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:31 pm

We have been doing artificial lighting until the sun reaches it. All my other succulents are doing great. We have 6 succulent, 1 Venus Fly Trap & 2 hanging plants all inside that are all doing great.