Bear paw (Cotyledon tomentosa) questions

Discuss and ask questions about all matters related to caring for your cacti and succulents. Discuss soil, repotting, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc.
Gillian

Bear paw (Cotyledon tomentosa) questions

Post by Gillian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:38 pm

I have a care question, please. When I first got my Bear paw (Cotyledon tomentosa)? Big, fat leaves. (It was in Winter). Now, I'm getting teeny flat leaves. I tried changing the light, but burned a few leaves. Any ideas? This is such an adorable plant. Oh, it's in a terracotta pot, with a drain hole; soil is half perlite, half cacti mix. Thank you in advance.
13.jpg
Mike

Re: Bear paw (Cotyledon tomentosa) questions

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Better light is the right idea to combat the etiolation. If it's indoors and the new location was scorching the plant, try moving it farther away from the window or into a spot where it gets light for more of the day, but not so direct. It can be tricky when you're growing indoors to find the ideal spots for plant because you've got so many factors and if you're like me limited in the amount of "good" window spots.
Gillian

Post by Gillian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Thank you :-) I am actually able to take my plants outside, during the day. So, bright, indirect?
Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:40 pm

My fist move is to give the plant more light and slowly acclimate it to stronger light. Even if a plant can handle strong sun, it can sometimes burn if it's a sudden change.